Wednesday, August 27, 2014

15 Quick and Easy Meals


I feel like I soon might be able to relate to more of you now than ever before. A lot of you might have seen my pictures on Facebook yesterday. I started working within our local school system this week and am really excited about this new adventure! All three of our kids are officially in school now so it felt time for me to start working outside the home. As scary as that seems, it feels good to be able interact with other adults again.

So, why exactly do I think I can relate to more of you now? Well, not that I wasn't ever busy before. But I did have the luxury to get a head start on dinner while the kids napped if needed. It's always been important that I serve as many home cooked meals to my family as possible. Not that there's anything wrong with eating out. It's just not in our budget to do that real often.

Trying to get back into the swing of things is making me appreciate the fact that I try hard to have a menu planned out for each week. Some weeks are better than others, but I always try to be armed with a plan. It cuts down on my grocery bill and keeps me sane.

A few of my Iowa blogger friends were quick to give me some of their own go-to meals for when time is limited and they need to get dinner on the table stat. Whether you've got kids or not, let's face it, everyone is busy. We all can appreciate a nice homemade meal that isn't complicated. Browse through the selection, pick a few out to add to your menu for the upcoming weeks and let me know what you think. If you've got your own suggestions, please feel free to leave the link or recipe in the comments below. I think we all can use some new inspiration for this busy time of year!

 1.  Chopped BLT Caesar Salad from Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats
 2.  My Go-to Meatloaf from Modern Rural Living
 3.  Kid-friendly Pizza Pasta from Been There Baked That
 4.  Crock-Pot Fettuccine Alfredo from Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats
 5.  Taco Burger from donnahup.com
 6.  Crock Pot Chicken Tacos from Been There Baked That
 7.  Italian Stuffed Meatballs from Been There Baked That
 8.  Crock Pot Maid-Rites from Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats
 9.  Sassy Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches from Been There Baked That
10. Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken from Been There Baked That
11. Spicy Chicken Wraps from Been There Baked That
12. Ham and Bean Soup from Been There Baked That
13. Cheater Runzas from Jeni Eats
14. Ham and Corn Chowder from Been There Baked That
15. Skillet Lasagna from Been There Baked That



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...