Monday, October 22, 2012

Sassy Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches


Monday nights are our one night of the week where we have lots going on. Some weeks we're dragging a little more than others, not quite ready for the weekend to be over; then we add bowling league for my husband and dance class for one of our girls. It sure can make for one hectic day.

I'm learning to either keep our meals simple, pull a dish from my freezer stash or put my crock pot to use. Last week I threw together these simple, yet tasty chicken sandwiches. While I was mixing together the sauce I noticed I had a little bit of Italian dressing leftover in our fridge, so I added that to the mixture as well. The added dressing gave the chicken just enough zest and we really enjoyed the flavors.


Besides being a delicious meal, preparation and clean up time took was quick and easy. I love when we aren't so rushed from one thing to the next, leaving our family with more quality time together!

Sassy Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

Ingredients:
2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c barbecue sauce
1/3 c Italian dressing
1/8 c brown sugar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Buns to serve on, toasted if desired

Directions:
Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot. In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients and mix together. Pour over chicken, turn on low and let cook for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken, shred with a fork and return to crock pot to allow chicken to absord that yummy sauce, if possible for another hour. When ready to eat, serve chicken on toasted buns.

1 comment:

  1. WOW I'll bet the italian dressing really makes the flavor in this pop! Definitely on my to try list, thanks for linking up today at Show & Share Wednesday. I'll be sharing this on my Facebook page tonight:

    https://www.facebook.com/SemiHomemadeMom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...