Friday, July 20, 2012

Kid-Friendly Pizza Pasta



My days are pretty busy, as are yours I'm sure. Sometimes I don't have much time to get lunch (or dinner) on the table and I definitely refuse to feed my kids or daycare kids processed chicken nuggets,etc. Even if it takes me longer to prepare, I appreciate knowing exactly what's going into their stomachs.

I love meals like this where I can be done in 15-20 minutes start to finish. I made this for lunch the other day and every kid gobbled it up! They're tummies were full and I was happy that they were eating something nutritious and filling. We even got to spend more time outside since it was so simple to put together....talk about happy kiddos.



To make mealtime even more fun, let them choose which toppings they'd like to include with their pasta. Enjoy!


Pizza Pasta

Ingredients:
16 oz. pasta
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
Sliced pepperoni
Grated mozzarella cheese for topping

Directions:
Cook pasta according to directions on package. Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute peppers and garlic in oil. Let veggies cook for about 5 minutes and add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepperoni. Continue to let cook until pasta is done. Once pasta is done, drain and add to pan. Stir pasta into sauce to combine. Serve with mozzarella cheese if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...