Friday, November 15, 2013

Whole Wheat Mini Pumpkin Muffins


I've got quite the busy day ahead. Our oldest daughter is turning 14 on Sunday and she's having a few friends over tonight to celebrate. She's requested sort of a pizza theme tonight. I'm working on a chocolate chip cookie cake designed to look like a pizza, we'll be making homemade bagel pizza bites, breadsticks, salad and I'm excited to try out a new crock pot pizza dip. Stay tuned for pics, I'm sure on Monday I'll have a post devoted to her fun party!


For now though I have these delicious, yet healthy muffins to share with you. We experimented in the kitchen a bit yesterday, I had some pumpkin puree in my freezer I wanted to use up. My little ones love muffins for breakfast and even for snacks. I'll even send them in lunches occasionally.

These are made with whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with honey and a tad bit of pure maple syrup. Of course I can feel good about serving these, they are nourishing to their little bodies and they don't even know it. They think they're getting a treat.



Whole Wheat Mini Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned is just fine too)
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
5 tbsp melted butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour

Directions:
In a medium bowl combine pumpkin, honey, maple syrup, melted butter and eggs. Whisk well to combine. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. Gradually whisk into wet ingredients. Stir just until combined.

Prepare mini muffin pans, lining with paper liners or lightly greasing. Scoop batter into each well of the muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool for a couple minutes before removing from pan.

Makes 40 mini muffins. Store extras in an airtight container or in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...