Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkin Layered Bars



Remember those ridiculously easy seven layer bars that everyone loves? Well these remind me of those, but with pumpkin. I mentioned I was busy baking with the pumpkin last weekend, and these bars were at the top of my list. I spotted them in a recent issue of Simple and Delicious magazine and they caught my eye.

I adapted the recipe just a smidge, mainly using up some raw coconut chips I had in the fridge. Honestly, I wasn't sure how well the coconut would bake; praying it wouldn't burn. But the raw chips did just fine.



These bars really capture the many great flavors of fall! The creamy pumpkin filling is just like enjoying a slice of pie. And I love cranberries, they add a nice sweetness to the bars without being too sweet.

I will definitely be adding these to my favorite fall treats to make each year. They're perfect for large gatherings and the holidays coming up. Do me a favor and make sure you add these bars to your baking list this fall! I know they'll go over well with your friends and family.



Pumpkin Layered Bars

Ingredients:
11 oz box vanilla wafers
4 tbsp butter, melted
3 oz cream cheese, softened
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
15 oz can pumpkin puree
1-1/2 cups coconut {I used raw coconut flakes}
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place wafers into a food processor and pulse into crumbs. Dump crumbs into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over crumbs and combine together using a fork. Press into bottom of pan and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, milk, pumpkin and pie spice. Pour over crust. Layer with coconut, chocolate, cranberries and pecans.

Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bars are set. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into bars. Make sure to refrigerate any leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...