Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sausage-Potato-Broccoli Skillet


It's been years since I've had or made this dish, but it's another one I remember my mom making for us growing up.  I've been trying to think of super easy meals for us to make on Monday nights when we get home at 7:00 from dance. Even after bringing snacks with us after school, I know everyone's tummies are growling by that time. This skillet meal came to mind and I knew the girls would love it.

I know I've made it for our oldest before, but I don't believe our younger two have had the chance to try it. There really is no recipe here, just a matter of throwing some ingredients together. But it's really good and I know how much you all appreciate simple.


The girls ate well after class and even asked for seconds, which always makes mom happy. We'll definitely be keeping this one tucked away for busy weeknights!



Sausage-Potato-Broccoli Skillet

Ingredients:
Olive oil
12 oz. Beef smoked sausage ring
28 oz. bag O'Brien frozen potatoes
1-1/2 cups fresh, chopped broccoli
salt and pepper, to taste


Directions:
Slice sausage and set aside. Preheat a large pan on the stove with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Toss potatoes into the skillet and let cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.

Add in sliced sausage and broccoli and cook until meat is warmed through and potatoes are cooked through and browned, about 12 minutes longer. Remove from heat and dish onto plates. Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...