Monday, June 8, 2015

Mom's Asian Coleslaw


What a weekend! It was definitely busy, but such a good one. Our two oldest girls danced in their annual performance. It's something they work towards all year long at the dance studio, but man, it's so worth it. To watch them up there on stage. I am one proud momma!


Afterwards we invited our family back to our house to grill out for dinner and enjoy a little bon fire. My husband and I, with the help of our own mothers, prepared tons of food. Probably a little too much. Talk about leftovers!

This salad was featured in our menu. The recipe comes from my mom and I know I've seen plenty of versions out there. I haven't made it in quite awhile and it's such a light salad for this warm weather. It was a perfect choice.


Just about everyone I have ever served it up to loves it. Even kids. I love the light oil and vinegar dressing in this coleslaw. You'll definitely want to plan ahead when you make this. The salad needs to marinate overnight or at least a few hours for best results. Regardless, you'll want to add this to your menu soon, it's one your whole family will enjoy.


Mom's Asian Coleslaw

Ingredients:
1 package coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage, carrots)
4 green onions, sliced
1 package ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine slaw mix, green onions and noodles. In another bowl, mix together oil, sugar and vinegar. Pour over slaw mixture and toss together.

Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least three hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle sunflower seeds over salad.  Salad is best enjoyed within a couple days of making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...