Friday, May 30, 2014

Closing one door....and being patient


I'm going to set aside the recipes today and get a little personal, I hope you'll stick around.  It's been sort of a hard week for me, after close to eight years of providing child care in my home, I am closing my doors and moving on.

Our youngest turned four in March and will be ready to start preschool in the coming fall. This has always been our plan, but it doesn't make it any easier. It's still hard, it's hurts to say good-bye to what I've known as my career for so long. At the same time I feel excited and ready to enjoy a whole summer with my three girls. Lots of time at the pool, no schedules to tend to, just us and whatever we feel like doing that particular day.


The kids worked on these keepsake pillowcases early this week. I knew I wanted something special for them to take with them as they left, my girls are already sleeping with theirs. As I've told each of the families, I know it's not like we'll never see each other again. We've developed some wonderful friendships over the years. We're already in the midst of planning play dates, and I know the kids will be anxious to see their friends very soon.

My husband has been wonderful, offering me words of encouragement, in fact he even surprised me with flowers and a bottle of wine last night after work. In his card he wrote these words:

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
Psalm 32:8

If you know Josh at all, he's not normally one to quote scripture. This was very comforting to me last night.


So what's next for me? I'm not exactly sure! I've always had an idea, I still would love to work with children, particularly with our school system as a para educator. We'll see. I'm going to try to be patient and see what happens. Maybe what's my plan is not God's plan for me.

In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy my summer with the girls. Is it bad I already feel like our calendar is filling up quickly with activities for them to do? I'm looking forward to our garage sale in a few weeks, clearing out all of the toys and items we'll no longer need. {Less cleaning for me, yay!} Having more time for my blog is another thing I'm looking forward to. I'm hoping to grow this little thing, who knows, maybe something great can come of this? 

2 comments:

  1. You have an exciting future ahead of you and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These doors are so unpredictably fiberglass doors handmade that they seem, by all accounts, to be special and rich.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...