Monday, May 12, 2014

5 Things I'm Loving Right Now


I hope all of you moms enjoyed a very nice Mother's Day yesterday. The weather wasn't the greatest in our parts but Saturday was the perfect day. My hubby was out of town most of the weekend for state bowling, but the girls and I had a very productive Saturday. We made trips to both of the farmers' markets in town, grabbed some green onions, asparagus and flowers. So we planted those right after lunch, got the little ones' room cleaned up, did some baking for the upcoming week and ran a few more errands. I was definitely tired by evening as were they, the youngest two were both in bed by a little after 7.  I definitely enjoyed that!

It's been a little while since I've done a post like this, so relax and let's talk a bit.

10 Secrets to Having a Successful Garage Sale

Summer is just around the corner and that's usually prime time for garage sales. In fact I've been seeing quite a few around town already. I'm starting to prepare for probably the largest one I will ever hold in my life, seriously! After doing daycare in my home for several years, I've acquired tons of items. The bad thing is, I've been pretty good about weeding through our possessions throughout the years and continuously taking things into the consignment shop, but there's still so much. Anyhow, I love this post by Crystal from Money Saving Mom. She's got some really good tips on how you can make your garage sale a success.



I have been in love with these reusable produce bags  for quite some time now. It's probably about time I order some for myself. Our CSA will be starting up at the beginning of June and I bet these would be great to store our produce in, or even take along to the farmer's market and grocery store.

texasroadhousecenter

Texas Roadhouse is one of my favorite restaurants in town. In fact I remember we had one in our hotel while on our honeymoon several years ago. We ate there way too much during that week! I'm intrigued to try these copycat rolls, they look just the same. I bet they taste amazing!


I really like this fun way to display the kids' chore chart. We've been talking with the girls a little more about how they'll need to pitch in more around the house throughout the summer and going forward. I clearly remember having to help mom and dad clean growing up, so I don't think it will kill them to do a few more things each week.


Memorial Day is coming up soon. I love getting together with friends and family for barbecues and picnics outdoors. Trifles are great to make this time of year. You still get a sweet dessert, but it's a bit lighter. Plus I love taking advantage of all those berries in season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...