Thursday, March 6, 2014

Haystacks



Sometimes we need something quick, easy and just plain fun for dinner. That's exactly what I think of when I see a dish like pictured above. Tacos are always a big hit in our house and it's fun to change things up every once in awhile, am I right?

I'm not going to lie and pretend these are healthy. Corn chips don't really fall into that category. You can certainly leave them out or substitute brown rice if you'd prefer. But I will say the kiddos loved them and I think it's okay to enjoy those foods in moderation.

Hopefully the weather will start warming up soon. As the temps increase, lighter meals tend to be in our plan. I can see us serving these or a version like it occasionally in the summer and even in potluck type gatherings. I like how I can set out bowls of toppings and let everyone make their own. Easy peasy!



Haystacks

Ingredients:
2 lbs. seasoned taco meat
grated cheddar cheese
1 head of lettuce, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1 bag corn chips
sour cream
salsa
avocado, optional

Directions:
In bowls or on plates, layer ingredients as follows: corn chips, taco meat, cheese, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...