Monday, February 10, 2014

Chocolate PB-Banana Breakfast Smoothie


Mornings when I don't particularly feel hungry I like to make up a big, healthy smoothie. Usually one like this, full of fruit, yogurt and a healthy green like spinach or even kale. I usually have a least a few kiddos begging for a glass too!

Today I had a full carton of chocolate almond milk staring me in the eyes. So I went a different route with my smoothie, one that will curb those sweet cravings in fact. I really like this combo, I think it's a new favorite.


Chocolate PB-Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:
2 cups chocolate almond milk
1 banana
1 tbsp peanut butter
Crushed ice

Directions:
Add almond milk, banana and peanut butter to a blender. Blend together until smooth. Add a couple of handfuls of crushed ice and blend until it's reached your desired consistency.

______________________________________________________

I have to say we're still going strong in our spending strike. We did spend some money this weekend but we had already planned for this expense. Josh and our oldest bowled in a fundraiser tournament in memory of a close friend's brother that passed away three years ago unexpectedly at the age of 35. The proceeds go to scholarships for the youth bowlers so it's a great cause.

We also started having issues with the plug in our bathtub. It was being stubborn and of course last night Josh tried to pull it up and it snapped right off. So that will need to be replaced sooner than later. I've got two little ones that love their baths!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...