Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Crackers


Appetizers are a must around the holidays, if you're like our families, we make our meals based around a bunch of different finger foods. My husband's family has always done this. We'll make up small sandwiches, tons of dips and whatever else sounds good and that's our Christmas Eve dinner. My own side of the family adapted this tradition recently after we grew tired of the same ham/turkey dinner each year.

These crackers were something new I tried for Christmas dinner last night and I have to say they were a huge hit! In fact, they went quickly and I probably should have made a double batch.



We all know anything wrapped in bacon is just that much better. I had a friend tell me about these specific crackers and I found the recipe intriguing. We especially loved the sweet brown sugar ones, they reminded me much of those bacon wrapped smokies we make each year. The savory Parmesan cheese ones were also delicious as well.  I think we've found a new favorite appetizer for the holidays, we surely will be making these often!



Bacon-Wrapped Crackers

Ingredients:
1 lb. bacon, cut in half
1 sleeve Club crackers
Parmesan cheese
Brown sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top of cookie sheet.  Place crackers along the baking rack, it will be a tight squeeze but you can fit all 30+ crackers on there.

Take about 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese and place on half of the crackers. Then taking a teaspoon of brown sugar, place on the other half of crackers. Wrap each cracker with one half slice of bacon, making sure to tuck the ends underneath. Place back onto prepared sheet.

Bake at 250 for two hours. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm if possible, but these are also great at room temp. Makes about 34 crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...