Friday, November 1, 2013

Decadent Peanut Butter M&M Cookies



If I have one weakness when it comes to chocolate and candy, it would be peanut butter M&Ms. They've always been one of my favorites and it's hard to stop at a few. I actually bought a bag a few weeks ago having some sort of cookie in mind. I had a little bit of extra time yesterday to bake so I figured what the hey, it's Halloween after all.

I've been sort of a stickler when it comes to candy lately with my own girls. All of the treats that come with the holiday have been driving me crazy, it seems like everyday they're getting something else. But I also know the majority of their meals are made up of healthy choices so it's not going to kill us if we indulge a little bit. And I love baking....and sharing with others, so that's what we did. We baked up a batch of these amazing cookies and shared them with friends and family yesterday.


I combined a few of my favorite flavors in this particular cookie. We've got those peanut butter M&Ms I love, then a nice salty pretzel and one of my new faves, cookie butter! Yes there is cookie butter in here as well. All baked into a soft cookie. These are so good, they just might even be a contender for my cookie exchange in December. They're really that good!


Decadent Peanut Butter M&M Cookies

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cookie butter
2 eggs
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1/2 cup broken pretzel pieces
11 oz. bag peanut butter M&Ms -coarsely chopped

Directions:
In a stand mixer cream together butter, both sugars and cookie butter until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla, mix until combined. Mix in baking soda, powder and salt; then gradually add in flour. Once all combined, fold in pretzel pieces and M&Ms with a spatula.

Using a cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Again, this depends on your oven, you want them to be just set and lightly browned. Remove from oven, let cool on sheets for a few minutes before removing to wire racks.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...