Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Maple-Bacon Muffins


It's not too often I purchase bacon, we love it and it never lasts long but I just don't buy it often. So you know how surprised I was to find a few pieces leftover from the weekend sitting in our fridge. The little ones would have easily gobbled it up if I had let them, but what's the fun in that?


It only seemed right I crumble it up and add to muffin batter, maple muffin batter at that! These were sooo good and sure didn't last long. A sweetened cinnamon butter would have been a great addition but believe me, these are just as good on their own. Plenty sweet with pure maple syrup baked in but not too sweet. The bacon sure balances that out.


They also bake up beautifully, so light and fluffy. I think for someone who doesn't typically like muffins and tends to gravitate towards savory breakfast choices; these would be perfect for you. My only regret is, I didn't make more. But that might not be such a bad thing after all!

Maple-Bacon Muffins

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine eggs, maple syrup, oil and yogurt together. Add in sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir in flour. Add in crumbled bacon and stir just until combined.

Spoon batter into a prepared muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...