Friday, August 2, 2013

Grilled Bacon Caprese Sandwich


I apologize for the lack of consistency with my posts this week, it's certainly been one of those weeks. We enjoyed a beautiful day at a local amusement park (well still two hours away) yesterday with our family. It's been years since we've been able to go and since the girls are a little older now, we knew they'd have a blast.

It really was the most beautiful day, the sun was shining, the temperature was perfect, maybe a little too hot in the sun at times but nothing a visit to their waterpark couldn't fix. The kiddos were all so well behaved and we were exhausted by the time we got home late last night. I only wish I would have taken more pics, but that's okay, we created a memory filled day that I hope the girls always remember!



Our youngest two have been enjoying lots of homemade popsicles lately, we love making our own and creating new flavors. These were just simply frozen lemonade, which they quickly devoured.



Okay back to this sandwich. It's nothing real fancy, no complicated ingredients; but man is it ever good! I've literally been waiting to make this for a long time now, waiting for fresh, ripe tomatoes from the garden. Well mine aren't exactly ready yet, I've still got lots of green ones but we've been purchasing some every weekend at our local farmers' market.

I dreamed this up one day. I have this problem a lot actually, I'll suddenly think of a new recipe whether it's a dessert, sandwich or casserole dish. Maybe it will come to me in a dream or I'll just think of it out of the blue. Is that weird? Maybe it's a foodie thing lol.

You'll have to make this as soon as you get your hands on some fresh tomatoes! You're gonna love it I promise. I could go for another one right now.


Grilled Bacon Caprese Sandwich

Ingredients:
Bacon, cooked
Tomato, sliced
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
Basil pesto
Good quality bread
Butter

Directions:

Heat a small skillet over the stove. Butter the outsides of two slices of bread, spread pesto on the inside of the both slices. Place one slice of bread, butter side down in the skillet. Top with bacon, sliced tomato and mozzarella cheese. Place last slice of bread, butter side up on top of sandwich. Let cook on both sides until golden brown. Remove onto a plate, cut in half and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. This looks SO GOOD! I love caprese sandwiches so I know I would love this even more {bacon?!? yes please!}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...