Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY Microwave Popcorn


I'm so excited to share this recipe with you today! My girls love popcorn and ask to snack on it quite often, in fact they wanted some yesterday afternoon but I was out of microwave popcorn bags. I really don't like buying them, I think we all know how many disgusting ingredients are added in. But it's convenient so I continue to buy them every so often.

Not any more. Seriously, not ever again! This is way too easy and really a lot cheaper too.


You see this brown paper lunch bag? All you need to do is drop 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in there and roll it down about three times, then cook in the microwave for about 2-1/2 minutes. You'll have perfect popcorn, ready to be seasoned with butter and salt or whatever else your little heart desires.


Have I convinced you yet? No worries about extra additives that you can't pronounce. You can enjoy a healthy snack and control the seasonings. Doesn't get much easier than this my friends.

DIY Microwave Popcorn

Ingredients:
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
brown paper lunch bag
2 tbsp butter, melted
salt to taste

Directions:
Add popcorn kernels to paper bag, fold over top three times. Place in microwave and cook for about 2-1/2 minutes, every microwave is different so keep a close on eye on it. May need to cook a little longer or less. When done remove from microwave and dump into bowl. Drizzle melted butter and season with salt if desired.

1 comment:

  1. WAY cool! Going to do this soon! I love that you can do this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...