Saturday, July 27, 2013

Chicken and Broccoli Slaw


It's the end of July and I am actually freezing here in Iowa this morning. What a turn around in the weather, expected high of 70 degrees today. It's wonderful having our windows open and air conditioner off but man, I love warm weather too!

I made a batch of this salad at the beginning of the week when it was still warm outside, it made for an easy lunch for me to enjoy throughout the week. I love when that happens.


Even though I'm lucky enough to work from home, I understand how hard it can be to fit a nutritious lunch into your day. It takes some planning, but it's possible. I love this type of meal because I can get many servings out it. Make up a batch on Sunday evening and divide among several small containers to take with you during the work week. Or enjoy on a hot summer night for a light dinner instead of turning on the oven.


Chicken and Broccoli Slaw

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 pkg broccoli slaw
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup olive oil
4 tbsp. vinegar
3 tbsp. brown sugar
optional: dried cranberries or raisins

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Let chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to let flavors marinade together.

_____________________________________________________________

Any big plans this weekend? We're planning on starting the dreaded school clothes shopping this weekend. I was just telling Josh we need to divide this into at least two trips. I'm learning that clothes shopping with three girls, no matter what their ages are, turns into quite the experience. Wish me luck, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...