Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Yogurt Bites


I'm probably the last person to finally try these, better late than never. I've been serving these to the kiddos for snacks lately and they just love them. Both my own and daycare kids are big yogurt eaters so I knew these would go over well and they're such a fun twist on regular yogurt.

If there is any downfall to these, it would that they melt fast. They'll be perfect though for snacks outside this spring and summer and the mess will be minimal.

Another great snack idea for warm weather: frozen fruit. I still have a gallon sized bag of raspberries that I froze from last summer that they've been devouring. Instead of popsicles I can serve frozen fruit, same concept but only healthier.

With the weather getting warmer and school ending in another few weeks, what are some of your favorite healthy snacks to serve? We do a lot of fresh fruit and veggies, these yogurt bites, string cheese and smoothies. I'm always looking for fun new things to serve so I'd love to hear some of your ideas!


Yogurt Bites

Ingredients/Supplies:
Your choice of yogurt
Plastic baggie
Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper

Directions:
Add yogurt to a sandwich sized baggie, snip bottom corner. Drop small amounts of yogurt onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for 2 hours or until frozen. Remove from cookie sheet and serve. Store remaining bites in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...