Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snickerdoodle Doughnuts


My mother-in-law got me a doughnut pan for Christmas and I finally put it to use yesterday morning. I've seen tons of delicious looking recipes all over the Internet and have wanted to make my own for a long time now. I was really surprised at how easy they were to make, how little time it actually took for them to bake and how incredibly good they were!


I found this particular recipe in a book I read a couple weeks ago. Our family has always loved snickerdoodle cookies, so what's not to love about doughnut filled with all kinds of cinnamon-sugar goodness? The kids all got to enjoy these for breakfast, along with some fresh fruit and they loved them. They're best served warm from the oven; they have a wonderful light, fluffy texture. So far I'm loving my new pan, I can't wait to try some new variations.



Baked Snickerdoodle Doughnuts

Ingredients:
2 c cake flour
3/4 c sugar
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 c milk
2 eggs
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla

Cinnamon-Sugar topping:
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together cake flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add in milk, eggs, butter and vanilla; mix all together to combine. Careful not to overmix. Lightly grease doughnut pan. Fill each cavity of the pan about 1/2-3/4 full with batter. Bake for 9 mins or until donuts spring back when touched. They will be light in color. Let cool for a couple mins, then remove from pan. While those cool, in a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar for topping. Brush each doughnut with melted butter and then dip into cinnamon-sugar mixture. Shake off excess and serve immediately.

Makes 12-14 doughnuts

Adapted from: The Good Life for Less

2 comments:

  1. Isn't making your own doughnuts the best? I love all of the options! These snickerdoodle doughnuts sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is, I'm already thinking of new flavors we can try lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...