Monday, November 19, 2012

Eggnog Pumpkin Pie


Pumpkin pie seems to be one of those classic desserts that are a must at the Thanksgiving table. I like to enjoy a piece and that's usually enough to tide me over until the next year.

I like to put a little twist on this traditional pie by substituting eggnog for the evaporated milk. It gives the pie an extra creamy texture which I love.  I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine several years ago and it's become my standard way to make pumpkin pie.


I really do encourage you to try making your own pie crust, but using a premade shell would be just fine. Pumpkin really is one of the easiest of pies to make, but I understand it's one of those, you either love or hate. Where do you stand? Love it or hate it?

Eggnog Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:
1 pie crust, from scratch or premade
15 oz.can pumpkin
1 1/4 c eggnog
3 eggs
2/3 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Press dough in pie plate and set aside. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggnog, eggs, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Mix all ingredients well. Pour filling into prepared pie shell. Bake for 60-65 mins. or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea! I love the pumpkin and eggnog combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph, your pumpkin pie look delicious. Love the texture it look so smooth. It should taste great with a cup of coffee. :)

    Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no..... this looks so delicious.... You had me at eggnog.... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had the idea to mix eggnog and pumpkin, love it!
    I would also love to have you share this and/or any other recipe of yours at Wednesday Extravaganza - my Link Party with a special something and a Giveaway this week. Here is the link:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/11/wednesday-extravaganza-5-giveaway.html

    Can't wait to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...