Monday, September 17, 2012

Zucchini Bread



Each summer I always make sure to pick up some zucchini when I visit the farmers market. I love to make up batches of this bread and then keep it in the freezer to enjoy throughout the winter. It freezes well and stays really moist.  I can't say this bread is healthy by any means, but who doesn't love zucchini bread?

Next year I hope to plant zucchini in our own garden, just think of how many loaves of this delicious bread I can have stashed away then. That might be a little dangerous!


Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
3 c. flour
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 c canola oil
1 tbsp vanilla
2 c sugar
1/4 c buttermilk
2 c grated zucchini

Directions:
In a bowl combine dry ingredients and sift together with a whisk. In another large bowl combine wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients into zucchini mixture, mix well to combine. Pour batter into 4 greased mini loaf pans, bake at 325 for 50 mins or until done. Cool completely before removing from pan. If storing in freezer, I always wrap loaves in plastic wrap and then store in a Ziploc freezer bag or just wrap each loaf in foil as well to protect from freezer burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...