Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mexican Chicken Stuffed Shells


I spotted these yummy looking pasta shells on Pinterest a few weeks ago and knew we had to give them a try. I already have a favorite taco stuffed shell recipe but I thought it would be fun to change it up and add chicken this time.

These were pretty darn good, I enjoyed my portion on a bed of lettuce and extra tomatoes to make sort of a taco salad. I think the girls like them better made with ground beef but they did at least give them a try.

 
This dish makes a lot! I had enough filling for a good 30 shells, which is great for having leftovers for lunches or if you have company over for dinner. If you don't feel like stuffing that many shells, you could always use the extra filling for wraps or serve with tortilla chips for a quick snack.
 
 
Mexican Chicken Stuffed Shells
 
Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 c black beans
1 c green pepper, diced
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes w/chiles, undrained
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
Salsa
30 large pasta shells, cooked
 
Directions:
Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine chopped chicken, black beans,green pepper, cumin and garlic powder and mix well. In another bowl mix cream cheese and diced tomatoes together to form a sauce. Once that's combined, pour sauce over chicken mixture and mix well. In a 9x13 baking dish pour about 1/2-3/4 c of salsa on bottom and spread.(You'll most likely need to use 2 pans) Start stuffing cooked pasta shells with chicken mixture and place in prepared dish. Once shells are all filled, spoon additional salsa over shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 mins or until cheese is melted and shells are heated through. Serve alongside a salad or with desired toppings.
 
Adapted from: Busy at Home


9 comments:

  1. You've done it again....another meal I HAVE to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great. I have been wanting to try a recipe like this, I need to pick up some cream cheese first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason absolutely loved this one! I was able to get a 9x13 & an 8x8 pan (for the freezer) out of one batch. He really liked it with chicken but I think I'm going to try it next time with ground beef to see how that goes over. It looked amazing coming out of the oven...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. As you know, the current Food on Friday is all about pasta and noodles! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pics! Thanks for linking it in. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had these...and they are to die for......oh my gosh....this will be a regular in my recipe file!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. was really good I added spicy taco seasoning... yum yum..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...