Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mini Pancake Bites


Summer's coming to an end soon and next week I'll be sending the oldest 2 girls back to school (at least I'll have one home with me still). We've had a great summer and I hope I've done a good job in helping them to create some awesome memories!

Part of those memories include food, what can I say? Some days I think my life revolves around it but I wouldn't have it any other way. They've enjoyed our little hand-held breakfast dishes just as much as I have, from the mini omelets to the pumpkin donut holes.  And just the other day we made these adorable pancake bites.


I had these in mind to add to my freezer stash, right before school starts I try to start adding lots of pancakes, waffles, muffins and anything else that might make our mornings a little bit easier. I used my go-to pancake recipe for the base and added in different mixings. The kids even had fun helping to prepare these, I let them drop the blueberries and sausage into the muffin wells. We ended up with about 2 dozen blueberry and 2 dozen sausage pancake bites. Served with a little bit of maple syrup, these were amazing! Perfect for their tiny hands and I was able to put away a good amount for the freezer. They'll come in handy in the next few weeks, that's for sure!


Mini Pancake Bites

Ingredients:
2 c flour
2 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 c milk
1/2 c oil
Fillings such as blueberries, sausage or bacon
Maple syrup to serve with

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease or butter 2 mini muffin tins and set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in eggs, milk and oil and mix well. With a small cookie scoop, drop batter into muffin wells, about 3/4 full. Drop in desired fillings, I used 2 blueberries for each one or just a couple chopped pieces of sausage for the others. Bake for 8-9 mins. Serve with syrup on the side. Makes 48 pancake bites, store your extras in the freezer.

4 comments:

  1. Those sound simple and delicious. I really like that you can add whatever fillings you want. I'm definitely going to have to make up a batch to freeze before school starts. Thanks, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up for these. A dippable pancake with everything in it?!?! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Can you tell me how to defrost or how long you suggest putting in the microwave please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pull them out of the freezer about 15 mins before heating. I usually warm them in the oven for about 10 mins. or until warm. If they're thawed out, in the microwave I would warm them for about 1 minute or so. They shouldn't take long to heat up. You could probably even warm them while still frozen, just will take a few minutes longer. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...