Monday, May 14, 2012

Strawberry Banana Split Dessert




I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! We sure had a pretty nice relaxing weekend for the most part, it was wonderful. Saturday I spent most of my afternoon doing some freezer cooking with a couple of friends (more about that on Wed) and then we went out for dinner with the in-law's. Sunday, we got some yard work done and then grilled out with my family in the evening.

I brought this dessert along with last night. I've said before I don't prepare the same dessert more than once very often, it really has to be that good. This is an exception, I make a point to prepare this at least once or twice every summer, especially during strawberry season.

It's a great no-bake dessert for the warm months. It's filled with fresh fruit and I have to admit, the graham cracker crust and frosting on the bottom are probably my favorite part! You'll need to plan ahead just a little because the layers need time to refrigerate a bit, but overall this is a really easy dish to make. I never bring home much for leftovers if any!



Strawberry Banana Split Dessert

Ingredients:
2 c. crushed graham crackers
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 c. sugar

Filling:
1 stick butter, softened
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. milk
3 bananas, sliced
2- 8 oz. cans crushed pineapple, drained well
1-16 oz. container fresh strawberries, sliced

Topping:
1 tub of Cool Whip or you can certainly make your own whipped cream
1/3 c chopped pecans or walnuts

Directions:
Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl. Press into a 9x13 dish and chill for about 1 hour.
Mix softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk together.. Spread frosting over chilled crust and chill for another 30 minutes. Layer bananas, crushed pineapple and strawberries over crust. Top with whipped cream and chopped pecans or walnuts if desired. Chill until serving. Serves 15





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...