Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ice Cream Cone Rice Krispie Treats


Friday was the girls' last day of school, I can't believe how fast this year has gone! Our 4-year-old daughter had her preschool graduation the week before and I made these adorable treats for her to share with her classmates.

I stumbled upon some really fun cookie cutters at a local craft store and a ice cream cone shape was one. I knew they would be perfect for making my cut-out sugar cookies but also wanted to do something a little more unique with them. That's where these rice krispie treats come in. What kid (or adult) doesn't love a good ol' rice krispie treat?

I'm confident that anyone can pull these off, even if you're not much of a cake decorator. They're that easy and the kids love them. Wouldn't these be a perfect summertime treat? You must give these a try, get the kids involved, use any shape you'd like.....get those creative juices flowing!



Ice cream cone Rice Krispie treats

1 pan of Rice Krispie treats ( I just used the standard recipe on the box)
Buttercream frosting or store bought canned frosting
Icing coloring/gel paste ( I like to use the AmeriColor brand but standard food coloring will work as well)
Fun sprinkles
Ice cream cone shaped cookie cutter, or use any shape you'd like

Directions:
Using your cookie cutter, cut out rice krispie treats and place on parchment paper. Tint frosting desired colors using either gel paste or food coloring. Spread your frosting over top of treat to look like ice cream. Don't worry about it being perfect. I only spread frosting on the front and top of the treats, leaving the back uncovered. Finish off with some fun sprinkles. Let dry a little bit before storing in an airtight container, if they make it that long! I got about 14 treats from one pan, plus I had plenty of scraps for us to munch on!


Since it was the end of the school year we also wanted to thank our daughter's preschool teacher for all of her hard work and for being a special influence in her life. I came across some really fun gift ideas on Pinterest. One in particular stood out and it was a perfect gift for her teacher.



Isn't this a fun last day of school gift?! We included a beach towel, small bottle of sunscreen, a magazine and a treat. I tied that all up with a bow and of course I had to include some of my Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes! She absolutely loved it. I found the idea on this blog.

Well now that summer's officially started, I can't wait to spend some extra time with my girls and do some fun activities. I've been creating a list of things we want to do throughout the next few months and can't wait to get started!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...