Monday, April 23, 2012

Lemon Crumb Muffins


I came across a whole section of lemon recipes in a Taste of Home magazine from a few years ago. I love lemon so I knew I had to give one of these goodies a try. Yesterday morning the family requested waffles of course, and I made up a batch of these babies for myself to enjoy and share with my sister-in-law who also loves all things lemon.

These are one of my new favorite muffins! I think they scream spring, don't you? They have a cake-like texture, lots of fresh lemon flavor and I love the crumb topping. They were absolutely delicious warm right out of the oven but I also enjoyed one today and it was just as good. I didn't change much of the original recipe but I did certainly cut it in half, I don't know what I would have done with 4 dozen muffins. I did however store the extras in the freezer so I can grab one to enjoy whenever I feel like having one.....we'll see how long they last!



Lemon Crumb Muffins

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup melted butter
Zest from 1 large lemon
Juice from 1 large lemon

Crumb topping:
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons cold butter

Glaze:
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup lemon juice (use more or less to get the desired consistency)

Directions:

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, melted butter, zest and juice from lemon. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
In a small bowl combine flour and sugar for crumb topping, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients and drizzle over muffins while still warm. Makes 24 muffins

I've got a couple of good recipes lined up for you this week: the recipe that sort of started this blog- my favorite macaroni salad and an Oreo pistachio dessert, seriously this is a 3-step treat that you'll love! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...