Monday, September 26, 2011

Welcome to my food blog!

So after browsing through various food blogs I've been inspired to start my own blog. I love to bake, being in the kitchen is very relaxing to me.  I love trying out new recipes, when it comes to desserts I rarely make the same thing more than once. If I do, you know it's that good! You'll mostly find desserts and other baked goods on this blog, but I also love to cook so I'll make sure to throw in some savory dishes as well! Being a mom of 3 young girls keeps me busy so right now I'll try to make sure I post recipes at least 2-3 times each week, we'll see how everything goes once I get started.

 I have a cake and dessert business that I operate out of my house on the side. This past Summer I decided to become a vendor at our local Farmer's Market every Saturday morning. Each week I have a booth set up where I bring my cupcakes and other baked goods to sell. This past weekend at the market I bought a bag of apples from a local orchard and let me tell you, they are some of the best apples I've ever had! So naturally on Sunday I was anxious to bake something with them.  While browsing through an old Taste of Home magazine, I came across this recipe for Caramel Apple Crisp. I've never been a big fan of apple crisp; but let me tell you, this is delicious! It's very easy to throw together and a perfect fall treat. This makes a lot, so might want to cut the recipe in half if you're only serving a few people.





Caramel Apple Crisp

Ingredients:

3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1- 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup cold butter
8 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
1 package (14 ounces) caramels, halved
1 cup apple cider, divided

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of apples and caramels and 1 cup of oat mixture; repeat layers. Pour 1/2 cup cider over top.
Bake, uncovered, at  350 degrees for 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining cider; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender


Yield: 12-14 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...